Allgeier, Martin and Associates began operations in Lamar, Missouri in 1954 when Elmer M. Allgeier and Kent W. Martin formed a partnership. Services included transmission, distribution, substation planning and design, civil engineering, and architecture. The original staff also included the original associates: Emmett G. Green, Vernon R. Lawson, and Charlie C. Davidson, along with one additional engineer, two draftsmen and a secretary. Soon after the firm's formation, the company moved from Lamar to 1204 Main Street in Joplin, Missouri.
In just over ten years, Allgeier Martin had grown to over 60 employees, which led to the construction of new offices in Joplin. The facilities were expanded five times over the following 46 years.
Allgeier, Martin and Associates, Inc. was incorporated on September 1, 1978. The directors were Elmer M. Allgeier, Kent W. Martin, Vernon R. Lawson, Emmett G. Green, and Charlie Davidson. On that day, Elmer Allgeier retired from the company, and sold his shares to the remaining directors. Kent Martin was elected President of the new corporation, and Vernon Lawson, Emmett Green, and Charlie Davidson were elected as Vice Presidents.
In 1992, we became a 100% employee-owned company through the development of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Ownership was divided between shares held by the ESOP, and restricted shares held by selected employees.
Allgeier Martin acquired Wilson Hydro, a smaller civil engineering firm that specialized in hydrology and stormwater systems design. Along with the acquisition, we also gained a secondary office in Rolla, MO staffed with three civil engineers.
Our employee count had grown to 109.
Allgeier Martin moved into a new facility constructed in the Crossroads Business Park in Joplin to accommodate the growing firm. The new building brought corporate operations under one roof for the first time since the early 1970’s.
The number of our staff grew to 116 by the year’s end.
A new branch office was added in Kansas City, MO.
A new branch office was added in Springfield, MO.
Allgeier Martin acquired White River Engineering, located in Springfield, MO. Along with the acquisition, we relocated our Springfield office location in order to staff our three civil engineers.
A new branch office was added in Tulsa, OK.