We are seeking team-oriented, motivated professionals to serve our growing needs and the needs of our clients.
Engineer (Registered PE with 5 years’ experience preferred).
Civil engineering degree required with structural emphasis.
This position requires a general understanding of the design and operation of an electric utility substation. Provide structural analysis and design, as well as civil grade design.
- Engineer Substation Designs for 4kV to 500kV per in-house standards following Client Requirements and Preferences.
- Physical layout, design, and project coordination are required for developing construction drawings, material lists, equipment specifications, and contract documents.
- Perform detail steel structure and tower analysis. Develop equipment specifications.
- Develop and administer construction, equipment, and material contract documents.
- Maintain relationships with clients by making contacts as required, determining their needs, project scopes, and preferences, as well as presenting options and recommendations accordingly.
- Supervise Resident Site Representatives for given projects.
- Civil and/or Structural Engineering Degree
- PE registration, and Five Years’ Experience is Preferred but not required
- As time allows obtain and maintain a PE registration for the States of MO, AR, OK, KS, IA, & TX
- Be familiar with NESC Codes pertaining to Substation Design.
- Be familiar with IEEE Guides for Substations.
- Be familiar with Rural Utilities Service (RUS) Standards.
- Perform Structural Steel design and analysis.
- EHV Substation Design Experience is Desirable
- Be able to travel from time to time to various Client’s Offices and Substation Sites.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor 3-D software would be helpful.
Seeking a career minded individual for a drafting/technician position in the electrical division. Projects will include electrical substation, high voltage transmission, electrical distribution, electric utility studies and mapping services. Applicant must be able to produce CAD generated and/or Inventor generated drawings for final review and approval of professional staff.
Drawings Must Be:
- Accurate and complete
- Produced in a timely manner
- Compliant with company drafting standards
Applicant will be required to draft complete detailed drawings, producing copies and prints for clients, professionals, and firm archives. Applicant will perform general and miscellaneous duties for the electrical division including:
- Maintaining and retrieving files and archived material
- Coordinating with and assisting other employees on projects, standards, and routine technical issues
- Researching archives and other sources in the course of routine projects
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or better in a relevant field of study with AutoCAD and Inventor training
- Sound knowledge of drafting principles
- AutoCAD experience with a high level of proficiency
- Ability to precisely follow instruction and accurately implement general directions; visualize abstract data and use efficient drafting and production skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is also desired
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health & Life Insurance
- Disability Compensation
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
A medical reimbursement plan is also available for expenses not covered by the health insurance plan.
Investment options include: 401(k), profit sharing, and ESOP.
Education assistance for qualifying courses is provided with 100% reimbursement.
Don't see an opening that seems right for you? Submit a Resume.
If you don't see a current opportunity that fits your skill set, send us your resume. We regularly review resumes as new positions become available.