We are seeking team-oriented, motivated professionals to serve our growing needs and the needs of our clients.
This Position requires a general understanding of the design and operation of an electric utility substation. Physical layout, design, and project coordination are the central engineering components that are required here at Allgeier, Martin to develop construction drawings, material lists, equipment specifications, and contract documents at the highest level of accuracy and efficiency. We also will engage in structural analysis and design, as well as civil grade design.
- Engineer Substation Designs for 4kV to 500kV per in-house standards taking into account Client Requirements and Preferences
- Maintain relationships with clients by making contacts as required, determining their needs, project scopes, and preferences, as well as presenting options and recommendations accordingly
- Perform detail steel structure and tower analysis. Develop equipment specifications
- Develop and administer construction, equipment, and material contract documents
- Supervise Resident Site Representatives for given projects
- Civil and/or Structural Engineer with PE registration
- Five Years’ Experience
- Obtain and maintain a PE Registration for the States of MO, AR, OK, KS, IA, & TX
- Be familiar with NESC Codes pertaining to Substation Design
- Be familiar with IEEE Guides for Substations
- Be familiar with Rural Utilities Service (RUS) Standards
- Perform Structural Steel design and analysis
- EHV Substation Design Experience is Highly Desirable
- Be able to Travel from time to time to various Client’s Offices and Substation Sites
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor 3-D software would be helpful
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Health & Life Insurance
- Disability Compensation
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
A medical reimbursement plan is also available for expenses not covered by the health insurance plan.
Investment options include: 401(k), profit sharing, and ESOP.
Education assistance for qualifying courses is provided with 100% reimbursement.
Don't see an opening that seems right for you? Submit a Resume.
If you don't see a current opportunity that fits your skill set, send us your resume. We regularly review resumes as new positions become available.