Formation of the company
In 1954, Elmer M. Allgeier and Kent W. Martin formed a partnership, and Allgeier, Martin and Associates began operations in Lamar, Missouri. Services included transmission, distribution, substation planning and design, civil engineering, and architecture. The original staff also included the original associates: Emmett G. Green, Vernon R. Lawson, and Charlie C. Davidson, along with one additional engineer, two draftsmen and a secretary. Soon after the firm's formation, the company moved from Lamar to 1204 Main Street in Joplin, Missouri.
Elmer M. Allgeier
Kent W. Martin
Emmett G. Green
Vernon R. Lawson
Charles C. Davidson
In just over ten years, Allgeier Martin had grown to over 60 employees, which led to the construction of new offices at 2820 South Range Line Road in Joplin. The Range Line facilities were expanded five times over the following 46 years, to provide over 20,000 square feet of work space.
Allgeier, Martin and Associates, Inc. was incorporated on September 1, 1978. The directors were Elmer M. Allgeier, Kent W. Martin, Vernon R. Lawson, Emmett G. Green, and Charlie Davidson. On that day, Elmer Allgeier retired from the company, and sold his shares to the remaining directors. Kent Martin was elected President of the new corporation, and Vernon Lawson, Emmett Green, and Charlie Davidson were elected as Vice Presidents.
In 1992, we became a 100% employee-owned company through the development of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Ownership was divided between shares held by the ESOP, and restricted shares held by selected employees.
In 2006, Allgeier, Martin and Associates, Inc. acquired Wilson Hydro, a smaller civil engineering firm that specialized in hydrology and stormwater systems design. Along with the acquisition, we also gained a secondary office in Rolla, Missouri staffed with three civil engineers.
Our employee count had grown to 109.
Allgeier Martin moved into a new facility constructed in the Crossroads Business Park in Joplin which allotted the firm 36,000 square feet of office and storage space, all under one roof. The new, modern building brought all corporate operations (with the exception of the Rolla office) under one roof for the first time since the early 1970’s.
The number of our staff grew to 116 by the year’s end.
Karl G. Kinler retires after 38 years of dedicated service. Karl graduated from Louisiana State University in 1971, and worked for the Rural Electrification Administration until he joined the Allgeier Martin in 1977. Karl has been responsible for distribution systems engineering services, which include system planning studies, project design and bidding, contract administration and inspection, and system operations troubleshooting. Karl has served on the Board of Directors since 1992, and was the corporate secretary from 1995 through 2012.
Current Board of Directors: